I just want it on record that I intend to actually bring my STM library into a feature-complete, robust and well-documented state, and then release it to the world.
I have been working on it on and off for the last couple of months (although the pace slowed down a lot when I started at my new job), and it is actually in pretty good shape. To the best of my knowledge (it is difficult to be sure when it comes to multithreaded code), there are no race conditions or other nasty bugs. It is basically feature complete, although I’m still working on improving the performance of some of them.
And the documentation is, of course, totally missing. I’ve got everything I wrote for my masters thesis, but a major rewrite is in order since the focus is now very different. Another starting point is this, but obviously, there’s quite a bit of work left on the documentation as well.
But it came up in a discussion with a bunch of quite clever programmers who expressed interest in it, and since it’s always been my intention to release it some day, and since I’m actually getting fairly close to being satisfied with its state, well, I might as well put this up here for the world to see: